Functional Lab Testing
Functional labs are designed to find hidden and often connected imbalances in the body. Instead of assessing or managing symptoms or illness, they instead seek out root causes and healing opportunities in the body.
My goal for every client is 100% function in every cell, tissue and organ in the body. The following list includes foundational labs that can benefit everyone, regardless of health challenges or goals.
Additional specialty labs are also available to assess in detail environmental toxins, mycotoxins, tickborne illness, neurotransmitters and more.
- Gut function is directly tied to hormone balance, brain function, mood, energy production, chronic pain, inflammation, insomnia, and so much more.
- The Gastrointestinal Microbial Assay Plus (GI-MAP™) is an innovative clinical tool that measures gastrointestinal microbiota DNA from a single stool sample with state of the art, quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR or real-time PCR) technology.
- It gives us a beautiful picture of the health of the microbiome.
- The GI-MAP was designed to detect microbes that may be disturbing normal microbial balance or contributing to illness as well as indicators of digestion, absorption, inflammation, and immune function.
- Your genetic blueprint holds the keys to your health journey.
- This lab gives us genetic data about what to eat, what nutrients may be lacking, detox capacity, cellular function, neurotransmitter balance, and digestion needs.
- Understanding your genetic potential allows you to honor your body with strategic lifestyle choices.
- The HTMA provides a mineral blueprint of one’s biochemistry.
- A hair tissue mineral analysis can provide pertinent information about one’s metabolic rate, energy levels, and stage of stress.
- This lab is a screening test for the level of 20 minerals and toxic metals in a sample of hair.
- Mineral balance is necessary for energy production, metabolism, cellular function, and thyroid and adrenal function.
- Toxic metals negatively impact inflammation, brain function, hormone balance, thyroid function, optimal weight, and energy.
- An extensive profile of sex and adrenal hormones and melatonin to identify symptoms of hormonal imbalances.
- Allows us to understand how the body is responding to stress
- Includes neurotransmitter and nutrient markers
- Provides hormone information that synergistically “talks to” all other labs to get a beautiful picture of how dysfunction in the body is impacting your hormones.
- Gives us action steps and clues that allow us to support the body while we work at the root causes of hormone imbalances so you start feeling better ASAP.
- The Organic Acids Test (OAT) offers a comprehensive metabolic snapshot of a person’s overall health with 76 markers.
- It provides an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Abnormally high levels of these microorganisms can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, fatigue and immune function.
- Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete several abnormal organic acids in their urine.
- This test also includes markers for vitamin and mineral levels, oxidative stress, neurotransmitter levels, and is the only OAT to include markers for oxalates, which are highly correlated with many chronic illnesses.
Food Sensitivities and Leaky Gut
- The Vibrant Wellness Food Sensitivity Test supports strategic shifts in nourishment that allow us to dramatically reduce symptoms ASAP.
- It also gives us qualitative data on intestinal permeability (leaky gut) so we understand how to best support the microbiome.
- Food sensitivities are downstream from leaky gut so we always work on restoring gut function, but making temporary dietary shifts can reduce inflammation and discomfort quickly!
- Food sensitivities drive fatigue, chronic pain, insomnia, hormone imbalance, inability to handle stress, and more.
- We can also add in functional bloodwork to assess basic body function at a steal when bundled with the food tests. All the data with one blood draw.